The health and well-being of our guests, employees, suppliers and contractors is of paramount importance to the Veriu Group, and we take great pride in our commitment to adopting best practice to ensure this.
Veriu Group has introduced Health First, a commitment to improved standards and processes to provide transparency about our hotels’ cleaning processes.
Our hotels have always followed the highest cleaning and hygiene standards, but in light of the Covid-19 pandemic, we have implemented additional cleaning and sanitation to give our guests peace of mind and confidence when staying with us. Our guests can be assured they are in safe hands as we keep monitoring and adapting to the changes created by the pandemic.
Veriu Group was one of the first hotel groups in Australia to implement policies and procedures to minimise the risk of exposure to Covid-19 for guests and staff.
Health First is our commitment to continuously review and implement safe hygiene practices within our hotels, in accordance with the recommendations of the Federal Government’s Department of Health and relevant State health authorities.
Our Health First commitment includes the following measures:
- Enhanced and more frequent cleaning of public areas
- All staff completed COVID-19 Infection Control Training accredited by the Australian Government Department of Health, and receive ongoing training
- Acrylic protection screens on reception counters
- Hand sanitiser dispensers in public areas
- Social distancing in public areas and lifts
- Social distanced and minimal-contact check-ins for all guests
- Paperless check-in with digital tablets sanitised between guests
- Room keys sanitised before and after guest use
- Guests to our hotels are assessed on their health and wellbeing
- Leisure facilities (gym / spas) are closed or restricted
- Contact-free check-in available for our corporate accounts
- Our hotels in NSW are officially registered as COVID Safe businesses
- Enhanced cleaning procedures in room
- Housekeepers are trained to follow strict hygiene protocols
- Top-grade cleaning products used for superior sanitising
- High frequency touchpoints in the room sanitised after each check out
- Linen washed at high temperature at above 70°C
- Kitchen utensils sanitised and protected for guest use prior to each arrival
- Tea / Coffee amenities provided on request at reception to minimise handling
- In-room collateral removed from rooms to avoid contamination
- Once sanitisation is complete, room protected for guest arrival
Our Health First commitment will continue to evolve as the global impact of the pandemic becomes clearer and the path to recovery is outlined by government and the industry.