Queen Victoria Market Melbourne
Visit Queen Victoria Market for a unique shopping experience…
Affectionately known as ‘Vic Market’ or ‘Queen Vic’, the Queen Victoria Market has epitomised the heart and soul of Melbourne for over a century. A historic landmark spread over seven hectares makes the Queen Victoria Market the largest open air market in the Southern Hemisphere.
You can shop for everything from Australian fruit and vegetables and local and imported gourmet foods, to cosmetics, clothing and souvenirs at the vibrant and bustling Queen Victoria Market and all just a short distance from Punthill Melbourne CBD apartments.
Queen Victoria Market is much more than the city’s fresh-food shopping mecca – it’s a historic landmark, a tourist attraction and a Melbourne institution. With more than 600 retailers you are guaranteed to find something to suit everyone’s taste:
- Visit the Deli Hall for artisan cheeses, dressed meats and takeaway food
- Check out the Meat, Seafood and Fruit and Veg Halls for fresh seasonal produce throughout the year
- Queen Victoria Market offers the widest range of organic produce available in Melbourne with a range of fresh produce, meat, coffee and wine
- Wander through Victoria and Elizabeth Streets, the F Shed Laneway and String Bean Alley for shops and stalls selling souvenirs, fashion, craft and home wares
- Sampling the food when you visit the Queen Victoria Market is a must-do. The range includes Italian, Middle Eastern, Indian, and Chinese cuisines, as well as fish and chips, sandwiches and vegetarian food
Ensure you schedule a visit to the Queen Victoria Market on a Sunday and you will relish in the carnival atmosphere as entertainers delight the crowds. The markets also play host to a different pop-up market each Sunday such as ‘Take 2’, Melbourne’s longest running women’s recycled clothing market and ‘Little Sparrows Market’, a high profile designer and makers market, showcasing both established and emerging artists.
If you are visiting Melbourne between June and August embrace the cool nights and visit the Winter Night Markets which are on each Wednesday evening at Queen Victoria Markets. They are a relaxed and eclectic market featuring an array of Melbourne’s finest artisans and food vendors as well as some of Melbourne’s most talented and intriguing artists and entertainers. Come Summer time Queen Victoria Market is the place to meet on a Wednesday evening at the Summer Night Markets. This night market offers a unique platform for emerging designers, artists, musicians and foodies to showcase their talent at one of Melbourne’s favourite Summer events
The Queen Victoria Market is located on the corner of Elizabeth and Victoria Streets in Melbourne’s CBD. Punthill Apartment Hotels have accommodation nestled in three areas of the Melbourne CBD each within easy walking distance of the market. For affordable 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments close to the Queen Victoria Market contact us today or book online for Punthill Flinders Lane, Punthill Little Bourke and Punthill Manhattan.